What is there left to say,
when you have been to
Sayyeda Zainab?
Every mother of Grozny,
The sisters and mothers of Srebrenica,
Afghanistan,
even Iraq in all its bloody
ridicule,
know what you are Zainab.
They know what is Zainab.
I saw your follower in Zaria,
a photo of a coffin,
Another son who died for truth.
He died in Kaduna for
Palestine,
He is another of the 1400
years of Karbala's martyrs.
And his mother knows,
Dear Lady Zainab,
That there is nothing left to say
that hasn't already been said.
The grief that crushes into silence
Cannot be obeyed,
And so,
No matter it is just repetition,
No matter that everyone
already knows,
We say together again, and
again,
The truth that everyone
knows if they but dare:
Ya Hussain. Ya Hussain.
Ya Hussain.
Me
By my daughter
Site
In the Name of the Most High.
I have been blessed and privileged in the last twenty plus years to have travelled widely and met with some of the most extraordinary and inspiring people, to witness many important events and then have my notes and thoughts published. From attending world conferences to meeting with the downtrodden and oppressed, this site is an archive of work published across the last decade or so, a sort of travelogue that serves as much a reminder to myself that the world is a happy and diverse place, and also that sadly many problems remain.
I originally started this blog in 2007 with high hopes of regularly updating it. I hope this attempt in December 2011 is more fruitful.
Let me know.
Arzu.
London, March, 2007
About Me
- Arzu Merali
- I am one of the founders of the Islamic Human Rights Commission . I was also editor in chief of Palestine Internationalist . I was formerly a journalist, and still write on occasion.
Saturday, 17 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment