I am Hussain
and I have risen
so too Qasim, Abbas and Hur
and Zainab, dear Zainab
bears witness to our deaths
again
in preference to life with humiliation.
And amongst her tears and
those of whom we leave behind
Is the consolation that bears
witness eternally.
That they that hate
and mutilate and hurt us
Murder us and trample upon us dead,
fail
here and hereafter
for we die with dignity
and our torch, our fire –
our call for justice
and the struggle to ensure its final final victory – burns
never to be extinguished
neither in Karbala
or Filisteen.
I am Hussain and I have risen in Gaza:
“Is there anyone here to help me?”
Me
By my daughter
Site
In the Name of the Most High.
I have been blessed and privileged in the last twenty plus years to have travelled widely and met with some of the most extraordinary and inspiring people, to witness many important events and then have my notes and thoughts published. From attending world conferences to meeting with the downtrodden and oppressed, this site is an archive of work published across the last decade or so, a sort of travelogue that serves as much a reminder to myself that the world is a happy and diverse place, and also that sadly many problems remain.
I originally started this blog in 2007 with high hopes of regularly updating it. I hope this attempt in December 2011 is more fruitful.
Let me know.
Arzu.
London, March, 2007
About Me
- Arzu Merali
- I am one of the founders of the Islamic Human Rights Commission . I was also editor in chief of Palestine Internationalist . I was formerly a journalist, and still write on occasion.
Saturday, 3 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment