Me

Me
By my daughter

Site

In the Name of the Most High.


I have been blessed and privileged in the last twenty plus years to have travelled widely and met with some of the most extraordinary and inspiring people, to witness many important events and then have my notes and thoughts published. From attending world conferences to meeting with the downtrodden and oppressed, this site is an archive of work published across the last decade or so, a sort of travelogue that serves as much a reminder to myself that the world is a happy and diverse place, and also that sadly many problems remain.


I originally started this blog in 2007 with high hopes of regularly updating it. I hope this attempt in December 2011 is more fruitful.

Let me know.


Arzu.

London, March, 2007

About Me

My photo
I am one of the founders of the Islamic Human Rights Commission . I was also editor in chief of Palestine Internationalist . I was formerly a journalist, and still write on occasion.

Wednesday, 5 March 2008

UK EVENT: Human Rights and Israel at 60

2008 sees the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the creation of Israel. This conference discusses the conflicting paths of these projects.

Date: Sunday 4 May 2008
Venue: Islamic Centre of England, 140 Maida Vale, London, W9 1QB
Time: 11 a.m. – 6 pm

Themes to be discussed include: Self-determination, rights to life, land, property and water, freedom of movement.

Speakers include:

Michael Warschawski (Alternative Information Center)
Yehudit Keshet (Checkpoint Watch)
Daud Abdullah (Palestinian Return Centre)
Jennifer Loewenstein (University of Wisconsin)
Michael Bailey (Oxfam)
Meir Margalit (Israeli committee against House Demolitions)
Nearest Tube: Kilburn Park Station on the Bakerloo Line
National Rail: Kilburn High Rd Station
Bus Routes: 98, 16 and 32
On street parking available

All welcome. Entrance is free. Parent and child room, with relay, available. Lunch and refreshments provided.

Organised by the Islamic Human Rights Commission
For more information, please contact 020 8904 4222, conference@ihrc.org

JOIN THE STRUGGLE FOR JUSTICE. JOIN IHRC.

info@ihrc.org

More information, including poster / flyer available at:
http://www.ihrc.org.uk/080504/

No comments: